Gotta know fall is here, and it is absolutely my favorite time of the year! Here’s a small list of things I love and look forward to in the time of fall/autumn.
- Baby Chewy’s BIRTHDAY!!!: Yes, Baby Chewy celebrates his birthday in the fall, so he is starting to realize when leaves change colors and fall off the trees, he knows it’s getting time. Earlier this month on the way to class, he kicked a leaf on the ground, looked at me and went, “Mama! It’s my birthday soon!! Look! Look!” Needless to say we are now working on the fact his birthday is not “right after this day” or “in one more day” until I tell him it is. It’s still super cute to see the excitement.
- Pumpkins: This will be the first year I get to decorate pumpkins and I am super excited to be able to do it with Baby Chewy and Big Chewy. I think it’s going to be super fun getting our hands dirty, grimy, and covered in pumpkin guts. I also enjoy making the pumpkin seeds to eat during/after, so this will be super great.
- Apple Cider: I know, this might be a weird thing to look forward to, but apple cider, cold and nonalcoholic, is quite possibly my favorite thing during the season altogether. The crisp apple taste makes my soul burst with happiness and light. I can honestly say I smile when I drink it. Though, I am not a fan of the cider here, but the best cider I have had was made by the Amish down in PA.
- Pomegranates: Okay, so for those of you asking in your head, “Why??”, the answer is because these delicious, succulent fruits only come out for a month and a half out of the entire year, and I look forward to buying the store out of them. I actually ended up buying about 10 when I went shopping earlier.
- HALLOWEEN: To finish off this post, Halloween is the best, best, best thing about fall. I love the spookiness, the movies, the candy, everything. It was always like this when I was a child, so I am not surprised that it followed me into adulthood. Honestly, it had to. Currently, Baby Chewy is going to be Chase from Paw Patrol and I am probably going to add to my Harley Quinn collection until I am at the weight where I can wear an actual HQ outfit.
What do you guys like about Fall? If you don’t like the fall season, what do you like? I am super curious to hear. As always, if there’s something specific you want me to write, let me know!