Today, I am thankful for jobs, which gives my husband and one day I, the ability to provide for our family. If it wasn’t for having a job, my husband wouldn’t be able to provide for us while I go to school. Don’t get me wrong, I have had a job, several of them, which is why to my husband, it’s kind of my turn to succeed in school and be able to get a degree so I might be able to bring in an income. Granted, its only going to be childhood education, teaching preschoolers, at $11 an hour for even 4 hours a day for 4 days a week equals out to about almost $200 weekly. At least here I will be able to make sure we can meet all of our bills, will must husband also bringing this in. I want us to be able to be comfortable, if anything. So yes, thankful for jobs.
We know children change their favorite shows all the time. We currently got rid of cable, so finding decent children’s shows has been interesting. Here’s some shows Baby Chewy has been watching.
- The Rugrats (Hulu)
- Phineas and Ferb (Netflix)
- The Wiggles (H)
- Mini-Might Force (N)
- Jimmy Neutron (H)
- Ruff-Ruff, Tweet, and Dave (H)
- Super Why (N)
This is just a handful, but you can never be too careful when it comes to what our little’s watch. I recommend always being present when they use the T.V. Even with this list, I had to change some of the episodes fear of it being too scary.
The bucket list. That thing you end up thinking about for everything you want to do before you’re no longer on this planet. Some people have a handful, some have thousands. When people grow old, they think about everything they didn’t do, not everything they did. So, here’s a slight list with all the things I wanna do before I die.
- Take Baby Chewy to Disney Land. I got to experience this when I was a child, I want to save so that he can enjoy it too.
- Do a colour run- I feel like it would be fun and rewarding to do a colour run, I have so many people who do it. I plan on trying to do this this summer.
- Finish College: This is a no brainer. I want to finish college and I plan on busting my butt to do this.
- Adopt: Somewhere on this beautiful planet is a baby/child who needs a home. One day I wish to have that home they can come to.
- Cliff-dive: Yeah, this is a thing. I hate heights, so I am not sure how this is going to be.
- Own my own home: This is in the process, I am hoping for Big Chewy and I to be able to have our own home in the next couple years.
Only another week until my son starts school. It’s his second year of pre-k, due to some “awesome” state laws. As much as I could probably fight it, I think my son could use another year to become slightly more mature. Maybe he will grow out of temper tantrums before he starts Kindergarten.
So, to start before school, we have some cleaning up to do and hopefully this helps you, too.
- Time Management. Gee I suck at this one but during the summer, when you’re a stay at home parent, you don’t really think about this weird concept. You know, the sun stays out late, so do you and the kids. It just happens. If you start writing out and implying a schedule about 3 weeks before school starts, it should become an easy thing to follow during this school year. Does this mean during weekends too? Yes. Yes it does. It sucks, but then it won’t.
- Crock Pot meals. Pre buy, pre cook, pre package. Take out, put in a crock pot while feeding the kids breakfast and walk away. It’s that easy. This will also help with the prior Time Management part. With not having to worry about dinner every night, there’s more time to get the kids ready.
- Bed Time. Oh yay…the fun part. My preschooler must be in bed by 8:00pm, no if ands or buts. Hubby usually puts him to bed, mainly because certain children will only listen to males. My son happens to be one of them. Having them in bed at a decent hour will be best so they can have an A+ day at school.
- After School Activity. This is an important one, as there is always energy built up AFTER school lets out. It’s always a good thing for them to run out that stank. With the crock pot meals, it’s a possibility to take them to a park or maybe run an errand with them. Since we take public transportation, it’s an “adventure” to take our son anywhere and by the end of it, he’s tired out. Mostly because he is a busy bee and loves talking to people that we pass.
I hope this small list helps you blast off to an amazing 2017-2018 school year, I wish you and yours an awesome school year.