Today, I am thankful for jobs, which gives my husband and one day I, the ability to provide for our family. If it wasn’t for having a job, my husband wouldn’t be able to provide for us while I go to school. Don’t get me wrong, I have had a job, several of them, which is why to my husband, it’s kind of my turn to succeed in school and be able to get a degree so I might be able to bring in an income. Granted, its only going to be childhood education, teaching preschoolers, at $11 an hour for even 4 hours a day for 4 days a week equals out to about almost $200 weekly. At least here I will be able to make sure we can meet all of our bills, will must husband also bringing this in. I want us to be able to be comfortable, if anything. So yes, thankful for jobs.
We know children change their favorite shows all the time. We currently got rid of cable, so finding decent children’s shows has been interesting. Here’s some shows Baby Chewy has been watching.
- The Rugrats (Hulu)
- Phineas and Ferb (Netflix)
- The Wiggles (H)
- Mini-Might Force (N)
- Jimmy Neutron (H)
- Ruff-Ruff, Tweet, and Dave (H)
- Super Why (N)
This is just a handful, but you can never be too careful when it comes to what our little’s watch. I recommend always being present when they use the T.V. Even with this list, I had to change some of the episodes fear of it being too scary.
Positive reinforcement has become a huge thing in this day and age. It’s become a proven fact that corporal punishment doesn’t work, but it’s also been proven that doing nothing can create mean children. Here’s a list of positive reinforcements that can help calm a child down, and show them what the best thing to do is.
- Thinking time: Thinking time is maybe the best part of this whole thing. With thinking time comes so much more. This is talking to the child and having them sit, do something, and think about what they may could have done differently. This is something that children need so much so that they can think about what they need to do when they’re older.
- Drawing: Drawing during thinking time will help your child get into the habit of taking their emotions and taking them out into a positive way. This also lets their creative juices to flow. Creativity will keep them in a great mood, and will help them control their emotions.
- Reading: Reading is a great exercise for the brain, and your child will thank you. With reading positive material, it will help them calm down.